Wedding Cinematography / Wedding Videography Training
The wedding video industry still suffers from a bad reputation and many brides-to-be aren’t aware of how far wedding films have come since the 90’s! Thompson Granger’s mission is to help raise the standards of the industry with their wedding videography training, sharing their knowledge and experience to help you avoid making the same mistakes as they did, saving you time and money, and helping you to improve the quality of your work.
PRIVATE CONSULTATION (1:1 wedding videography training)
Private consultations are available as half-day or full-day 1:1 wedding videography training sessions. The training is tailored to suit your needs and level of experience, helping you to achieve your goals and avoid the common mistakes made by wedding videographers when trying to start or grow their business.
There are half-day and full-day options available for private consultations. Please use the contact form below to ask for more details.
ONLINE CONSULTATION (1:1 wedding videography training via Skype)
This is available for videographers who only have a few specific questions or topics to cover and/or prefer to learn in a less intensive format than our half-day and full-day private consultations. These sessions can also be used for getting feedback and constructive criticism on your films, helping you to continuously improve the quality of your work.
Online consultation sessions are available on a per hour basis via Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangouts. Please use the contact form below to ask for more details.
WORKSHOPS (date to be announced – register your interest below)
After receiving several requests for training workshops, Thompson Granger Films are excited to announce that they will be offering workshops in the near future. You have the opportunity to help decide what will be covered in the workshop by registering your interest below and selecting the topics that you’d most like to be covered along with providing a list of the biggest challenges you’re currently facing with your business.
Please register your interest using the contact form below and you’ll be notified when a date is announced.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
These are the typical topics that are covered in the training sessions:
The Art and Craft of Wedding Videography:
- Cinematography skills – how to shoot the different parts of a wedding day (from preparations through to the evening party), creative composition, camera settings, making the most of available light, working in difficult light conditions, creative lighting, lens selection, and using camera movement.
- Storytelling – what shots are needed to tell the story, how to sequence your shots, and you will have the opportunity to watch one of Thompson Granger’s trailers and a full wedding film, learning how they approach and structure their films.
- Audio Capture – how to record clean audio during the ceremony and speeches, and what equipment to use.
- Equipment – Thompson Granger Films will discuss which gear they use and will offer tips and advice to help you avoid wasting time and money on buying unnecessary equipment.
The Business of Wedding Videography:
- Sales & Marketing
- Pricing & Pricing Models
- Managing your Finances
- Tools and software to help you run your business more efficiently and effectively.
Alternatively, you can email us directly at training (@) thompsongranger.com.
(The spaces in the email address above were added to reduce spam, please ignore the brackets when re-typing.)